iGIS 8.3.0 lays the groundwork for some potentially revolutionary features for iGIS. We’ve changed the format of data stored in iGIS to allow people to share and merge changes between different devices. This allows for some nifty collaboration that we hope our Pro users will appreciate. If users like these sharing features, they may be expanded in the future with support for more cloud platforms ( such as Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.) and deeper integration with these services. Please let us know if you have any suggestions or concerns via email.
The major changes in iGIS 8.3.0 are:
- Implemented the ability to share and merge changes on the same layers between multiple devices. For an in-depth explanation of how this works, please read our guide.
- Added a “Tips” screen that shows off the latest features of iGIS when a user updates. Pro users may turn this off.
- Provided a link on the main screen to some basic app settings.
- Updated the Dropbox API to v2.
- Some users had noticed the size of their database was not decreasing when they deleted layers. There is now an option to clean out the database on startup.
- Removed all references to the email newsletter.
- Some UI changes to make the interface more appealing.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.