UPDATE: This article is outdated. The process is largely the same but the images will not look the same as the latest iTunes and iGIS versions.
Follow the below steps to import your shapefile data into iGIS via USB .
- On your computer, add your shapefile data to a compressed zipped folder. i.e. ‘example.zip’
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer via its USB cable, and open iTunes.
- Select your iPhone/iPad under DEVICES
in the left hand navigation panel [Image 1. (1)]Select Apps [Image 1. (2)] Select iGIS [Image 1. (3)]
- Use the ‘Add…’ button to add your zipped shapefile data. [Image 1. (4)] Once the data is loaded it will be listed as per; [Image 1. (5)]
- The zipped data will now be on your iPhone/iPad so you can eject your device [Image 1. (6)] and unplug the USB cable.
- On your iPhone, open iGIS and select ‘Import’. The import menu open in USB mode so your zipped data will be discovered in the iGIS Documents directory and will begin to extract. All extracted shapefiles will then be listed as per; [Image 2.]
- Select the shapefile and define, it’s projection and character set. Select Import. [Image 3.]
- The data will begin loading, and indexes will be created. [Image 4.]
* If your zip file contains multiple shapefiles of the same projection and character set, you can import all the files together by selecting ‘Import All,’ defining the projection and character set, and then selecting ‘Import All’ again to initiate the process.